COVID Safety Guidelines
All attendees must read and sign below indicating that you have read and agree to the restrictions in place surrounding the 2021 Portsmouth Business Excellence Awards. The health and safety of our attendees is imperative and we have been working with The Guildhall to deliver a safe and enjoyable awards ceremony.
- Arrive via the Octagon entrance located beneath the stairs. Our usual entrance up the steps will be closed as there is no usual drinks reception.
- Present your ticket QR code on arrival for our door staff to scan.
- Allow staff to take a temperature check on arrival.
- Check in through the NHS Covid app using the QR codes available at the venue on arrival.
- Wear a face covering when you are walking around the venue. This can be removed when seated.
- Follow the one way arrows when navigating the venue.
- Use hand sanitising stations located at numerous points throughout the venue.
- Head straight to your allocated seat(s) which can be found on your tickets for the drinks reception.
- Let us know of any dietary requirements at least 1 week prior to the event.
- Pre-book your drinks to be available on the table when you arrive. Drinks can also be ordered through the app on the night to be delivered to your seat as the bar WILL BE CLOSED.
- Access our virtual event programme via your smartphone.
- Comply with social distancing measures whilst walking around the venue.
- Share this page with your colleague attending/any other guests attending the awards ceremony.
- Sit in a seat that has not been allocated to you. Each person has been allocated a seat and must remain here for the duration of the event except when using facilities.
- Remove your mask until you are seated.
- Swap business cards.
- Shake hands, hug or stand within 2m of others.
- Bring bulky coats. There will be no cloak room facility so any additional layers you may need in July should be placed on the back of your chair.
- The awards ceremony will proceed following dinner as usual. This will be streamed live online giving people access to watch the awards if they can't join us on the night. Therefore if you are invited to speak, please be aware that this will be broadcast live online.
- Our sponsors will announce the winner of each award from their seat.
- The winners table will then be spotlit and a member of staff will stand socially distanced from the table with an overhead mic so people can hear your winner's thank you speech.
- NOTE: our sponsors and winners are prohibited from going to the stage to collect their awards.
- Once the award has passed, 1 representative from the winner and 1 representative from our sponsor will exit the room with face coverings via their closest exit and head to the cafe for a socially distanced photo opportunity, collect their trophy and speak to one of our journalists.
- They must then follow the arrows back to the event room and take their seats.